Students are provided with several opportunities to prepare for the world of work. These opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Personal Learning Plan: The Personal Learning Plan (PLP) is a compulsory subject at Stage 1, normally undertaken at Year 10. The PLP helps students to plan for their future and assists them in choosing the subjects they will study in Years 11 and 12.
- Adelaide Field Trip: Year 10 students stay at Warradale Urban Camp over 3 days visiting various university and TAFE campuses and various workplaces, for example CAV Power, Adelaide Oval and the Police Academy.
- World of Work Challenge: A resource for year 7-12 provided by the State Government through the Student Pathways website.
- CV Builder: A resource for year 7-12 provided by the State Government through the Student Pathways website.
- Connect with employers: The school works closely with local employers to provide students with opportunities including work placements, traineeships, and apprenticeships. The Student Pathways website also connects students to potential employers in South Australia including the Mid North and Yorke Peninsula region.
- Workplace Learning. Students can undertake in consultation with the school a work placement that supports their chosen career path or a pathway of interest. This can occur at any time that is mutually agreed to by the school, student and parent/caregiver.
- Virtual Job Experience. The Virtual Job Experience is an opportunity for our year 9/10 students to undertake a virtual work experience in a wide range of career pathways. Each pathway provides a virtual tour and job induction, introduction, resources and activities to complete. This will typically be undertaken in Pastoral Care.
- PBAS Careers: This website helps students and families make decisions about future career pathways and life beyond school. You can use this site to locate University, TAFE and any other type of course across Australia and get information about the SACE.